Ring Ring!
telephone: "Hey it's me Jenna!"
lucy: "hi jenna. what time is it"
tele: "it's 1:30 your time... but much earlier here"
lucy: "oh"
t: "were you sleeping? do you remember that time we went to that naked party"
k2 in the background: "newyears... the new years party!"
l: "yeah"
t: "that was fun right! I miss you!"
l: "i miss you too. is it really 1:30?"
t: "when are you moving here?"
l: "end of august or september probably"
t: "okay come visit before then"
l: "yeah i'll try"
k2: "ask her about the *muffled something*"
t: *laughing hysterically*
l: "um"
t: "if i were to tell you to put on your 'jumper' what would you do?"
l: "If i have to be a part of this conversation ONE more time..."
k2 & telephon: *laughing hysterically*
l: "i would put on a small dress"
t: "wait can you tell that to k2?"
k2: "hi lucy"
l: "hi k2"
k2: "if you were to put on a jumper it would keep you warm right..."
l: "if i were to put on a jumper it would not be a sweater... it would be a goofy-looking dress"
k2: "so, like a jacket then"
l: "no, more like a dress"
k2: "damnit"
jenna in the background: *laughing a lot* "VICTORY"
l: "is that all you needed?"
k2: "yeah, we missed you, move to san francisco and come play with us, okay bye!"
l: "huh"
For the record... it was not 1:30am but 2:30am.
And I hope I'm not the only person to be dragged into this bi-monthly conversation about jumpers.
lucy: "hi jenna. what time is it"
tele: "it's 1:30 your time... but much earlier here"
lucy: "oh"
t: "were you sleeping? do you remember that time we went to that naked party"
k2 in the background: "newyears... the new years party!"
l: "yeah"
t: "that was fun right! I miss you!"
l: "i miss you too. is it really 1:30?"
t: "when are you moving here?"
l: "end of august or september probably"
t: "okay come visit before then"
l: "yeah i'll try"
k2: "ask her about the *muffled something*"
t: *laughing hysterically*
l: "um"
t: "if i were to tell you to put on your 'jumper' what would you do?"
l: "If i have to be a part of this conversation ONE more time..."
k2 & telephon: *laughing hysterically*
l: "i would put on a small dress"
t: "wait can you tell that to k2?"
k2: "hi lucy"
l: "hi k2"
k2: "if you were to put on a jumper it would keep you warm right..."
l: "if i were to put on a jumper it would not be a sweater... it would be a goofy-looking dress"
k2: "so, like a jacket then"
l: "no, more like a dress"
k2: "damnit"
jenna in the background: *laughing a lot* "VICTORY"
l: "is that all you needed?"
k2: "yeah, we missed you, move to san francisco and come play with us, okay bye!"
l: "huh"
For the record... it was not 1:30am but 2:30am.
And I hope I'm not the only person to be dragged into this bi-monthly conversation about jumpers.

6 Comments:
lucy, this all happened because k2 jamo and i split a giant 3qt bottle of the Stone 10th Anniversary IPA (10%abv) immediately before this conversation. i think we had started back into the QUAD while we were on the phone with you.
in conclusion: a jumper is a dress.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumper#Clothing
In India, Australia, Canada, the UK, and other Commonwealth nations, a "jumper" is a sweater.
At the time of the call, both parties in discussion residing on the United States, it is rendered that a "jumper" was in fact a dress.
Lucy, I will no longer call you at 2:30am to ask if a jumper is a sweater or a dress. From now on I will call you at 2:30am to ask if you are in India.
I've always imagined a jumper to be kind of like a sweat suit -- a full body ordeal.
Look Chris, if you can't even edit a wikipedia article to fabricate some evidence backing up your wild claims, they don't belong here. We're all about the facts on this blog.
k2, I'm a citizen-journalist of the highest caliber. Didn't you read my report on the discovery of a new kind of fruit here in Jordan? I get my info straight from the field, not from some newfangled "collaborative encyclopedia."
So when you say that you have always "imagined" a jumper to be something, that information counts as "straight from the field," huh?
I think I'll take my chances with wikipedia.
Plus, wikipedia says that the blood orange is a cross between a pomelo and a tangerine so maybe your new kind of fruit is not really new at all. Maybe it just has a little more tangerine and a little less pomelo. Wikipedia is always right, Chris.
Post a Comment
<< Home