Sunday, January 22, 2006

I was reading the paper...

Just when I think that the GOP is on the ropes and we might see some positive developments in American politics, some lunatic comes out of left field and makes things that much harder. This guy is a Chomskyite who writes about how the world would be a better place if America didn't interfere at all with world affairs, and bin Laden approved one of his books in the recent communique. Here's a sample:
If I were the president, I could stop terrorist attacks against the United States in a few days. Permanently. I would first apologize -- very publicly and very sincerely -- to all the widows and orphans, the impoverished and the tortured, and all the many millions of other victims of American imperialism.


I hate this kind of bullshit. Of course our government makes tons of mistakes and does many bad things, but some country has to take the lead in global politics, and I don't think any other country in the world is as qualified to do so as we are. America once tried completely withdrawing from the international stage, and the result was World War II.

And the worst part of it all is that this guy will just perpetuate the myth that only the GOP can competently handle national security.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home